Prior to forming Alacrita, Rob Johnson was Head of Business Development at Onyvax Ltd, a biotechnology company specialising in the development of complex biopharmaceuticals to treat cancer. At Onyvax he supported scientific teams with the identification, negotiation and management of R&D collaborations and out-sourcing contracts. He also had primary responsibility for in-licensing, out-licensing and M&A.
At Alacrita, Rob has led and managed a number of consulting projects across broad functional disciplines, including regulatory affairs, clinical development and business development. Projects in which Rob has played a leading role include:
- In-licensing support and due diligence for a North American company searching for early stage oncology assets
- Biologics strategy for an established US biotech company
- Pharma-partnering roadmap for a diagnostics company
- Strategic planning support for a leading supplier of histocompatibility and immunogenetics services.
- Valuation of an oncology drug to support a royalty monetisation transaction
- Valuation model, incorporating monte carlo simulation, of an early stage oncology therapy to support a license negotiation with big pharma
- Business development and marketing roadmap for a vaccine services provider
- Licensing of a technology platform from a university into a new start-up
- Due diligence on a cell therapy reagents company
- Commercial due diligence on a novel diabetes product
- Literature review and KOL interviews to develop clinical strategy for a novel oncology drug
- Business plan and investor presentation to support a Series B financing for a European oncology company
- Biotechnology strategy and biosafety regulatory framework for an emerging economy
- Set out a commercialisation roadmap for a novel, recombinant biomaterial
Rob Johnson established Alacrita in 2009 and opened Alacrita’s US office in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 2012.
He has a BSc in biochemistry from the University of Nottingham.