Strategic Marketing and Market Analysis
Our consultants have 25+ years of professional experience in the pharmaceuticals industry. They have had responsibility for successful launches of products ranging from blockbusters (including Avastin, MabThera and Xenical) through to line extensions and niche local market products. Their experience spans big pharma (e.g. Roche, Novartis, GSK) through to specialty and niche companies (e.g. Shire, Archimedes). They pay particular attention to pre-launch planning, which is underpinned by a rigorous understanding of market and competitive dynamics.
They have managed pharmaceutical products, teams, businesses and companies to significant commercial success in specialty and primary care indications and in local, regional and global markets. They have held senior management positions in diverse functional areas, cultural environments and disease areas and bring a large professional network spanning all continents in all fields of the industry.
Business & Corporate Development
Our business and corporate development team has held executive positions in a range of life sciences companies at stages of development from seed to multinational. Relevant experience includes:
- For a big pharma, responsibility for external partnering and R&D licensing activity in Europe. Conducted technical evaluation of >1000 projects and opportunities and facilitated a range of technology and molecule deals, including establishing significant shared-risk research partnerships
- For a biotech company, negotiated licensing agreements with big pharma for diabetes and obesity programmes with an option agreement for Parkinson’s disease and depression programmes
- Established and grew a biopharmaceutical business development function to seven professionals operating worldwide and executed 27 deals raising over $285 million in committed funds
- Identified and coordinated the acquisition of companies to expand the service offering of a leading CRO
- For the leading self-injection devices company, identified and exploited growth opportunities in cancer, auto-immune diseases, pain management and allergy. Negotiated and delivered transactions with opinion leaders, start-ups and big pharma
- Primary responsibility for due diligence management, including identifying and interviewing key opinion leaders, building models to analyse market positioning and develop forecasts of future cash flows. Managed teams of in-house and external experts to cover the scope of IP, regulatory, manufacturing and clinical development due diligence